Monday, May 12, 2014

Nashville Flea Market


When Geoff told me we were heading to Nashville, I immediately searched for Flea Markets in the area. Lucky for me the Nashville Flea Market takes place on every third weekend of the month - the weekend we would be visiting! I don't believe there are any flea markets in the Detroit Metro area (please let me know if I'm wrong) so I was excited to get my haggle on in Nashville!

It did not disappoint! Row upon row and shed upon shed filled with vendors lined the Tennessee Fair Grounds. 

It was a beautiful day to explore and everyone is so friendly in Nashville! There were so many amazing finds, but Geoff's truck had limited space for our trip back. I had to practice self control. Luckily, I am very happy with my purchases.

I found a metal "G" to go with the iron "R" that Geoff found for me:


I also found a bright blue oil lantern in amazing shape. I added it to the vignette on our piano. I wanted to display items that are special to us like the communion pieces from our wedding ceremony, a hurricane vase with sand from our trip to Clearwater Beach, and now our blue lantern from Nashville:

My last item is my favorite. I had been on the hunt for a dress form for my wedding gown. My thought was to display it in my office/guest room. I absolutely love my dress and it symbolizes so much to me so I didn't want it to end up in the back of our closet.

I found this amazing dress form for $50 and was able to haggle the guy down to $40. Yay for my first haggle! I cleaned it up a little when we got home and it fits my dress perfectly! It was meant to be:


So that was my experience at the Nashville Flea Market. I wish I could go back this month!







No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird