Friday, May 23, 2014

Candace Cameron Bure is My Imaginary BFF

ABC Photo

So for about two years now I have developed a serious admiration for Candace Cameron Bure, or had a "Candy Crush" if you will.

It all started when I came across a photo of Candace, Bob Saget and Jodie Sweetin at an event. I thought two things:  “Man I miss the days of TGIF!" I miss coming home after intramural volleyball and heading over to my best friend’s house for a slumber party and a night of Full House, Family Matters, Step By Step and Boy Meets World while playing Mall Madness and Dream Phone. Who didn’t love Friday nights back then? (Buzzfeed has a list worth checking out here)

Credit: ABC


The other thought I had when I saw the photograph of the cast members was:  “Dang! Candace looks amazing!”

I immediately started to read up on her.  To my surprise she had become a wife, mother, author, and public speaker. I was especially pleased to find out that she was a devout Christian. This seems to be a rarity in Hollywood. Unfortunately, it has become an even bigger rarity for me to find a likeable one, but she lives out her faith in such an authentic way.

There are so many reasons to love her and so I've compiled a list of the top reasons why she makes such an awesome imaginary BFF:

 1. Her joy is infectious. If you watched her on Dancing with the Stars or have ever seen her in an interview, you know this to be true. Her bubbly personality and joy for life are what makes her so stinkin’ adorable!

  1. (ABC Photo/Adam Taylor)
 2. Her boldness. I appreciate the fact that her faith is so real to her that it encompasses all that she is.

3. She is honest about her boundaries because of her beliefs. She has set boundaries for costume designs, love scenes and language in scripts all out of respect for her God, her husband, her family and anyone else that may see her as a role model. This hasn’t always been understood by the public, but I think people respect her for it.

4. Her style. Who wouldn’t want access to her closet? Her daughter is so lucky! Candace is an example of how class and modesty can be sexy. She just gets better with age and makes me look forward to turning 38. Seriously – she looks better than ever!


5. She hasn’t always been "the hot girl." I think it's why so many of us could relate to DJ Tanner. DJ was a regular girl like me that could be awkward around a crush, had trouble fitting in with the cool girls in junior high, and struggled with self-image. But by the end of every episode, DJ was still this awesome girl who had a loving family and of course Kimmy by her side. Maybe it's me, but the fact that she knew what it was like to be awkward makes her even more beautiful today!

Credit: ABC

6. She challenges herself. Dancing was something new to Candace, but she didn’t let fear keep her from the experience. She struggled through some tough nights of dancing in front of America, but never quit. I think people enjoyed cheering her on because of it.

7. She’s a friend for life. I love that she still goes to New Kids on the Block concerts with Andrea Barber (Kimmy Gibbler) and that Lori Loughlin (Aunt Becky) could be seen in the audience on every Monday night for DWTS. It's obvious that Candace cherishes her relationships.


8. Her discipline. I hadn’t understood the importance of discipline or goal setting until I read Reshaping It All. That's right - she's even capable of making discipline sound fun! I would advise anyone who may struggle in this area to read the book because it helped me with some practical tips for every day.

9. She reminds me of my childhood. Whenever I see her it takes me back to the TGIF days - where I was, who I was with and the terrible styles I was wearing! I treasure these memories and there is something special about the people that trigger them.

So these are the reasons why I think Candace Cameron Bure is pretty awesome. If you haven't checked out her blog or her books (here), I would highly recommend it! 

Credit: ABC




No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird