Thursday, January 15, 2015

Baby, it's Frigid Outside


Cold days like these make me long for summer. It's tough to find motivation to leave the warmth of your covers when the temps are reading below zero. Days like these make me long for the weekend when I can snuggle up on the couch for a cozy day in. This shouldn't be surprising as I once threw a cozy Girls Day in Birthday Party (here).

So I've compiled a list of a few of my favorite things for a cozy day in.



I am mildly obsessed with this One-Button Fleece Wrap Cardigan from Bobeau. I received one as a gift from my husband for Christmas in Heather Charcoal and I think I've worn it everyday since. It's so soft and comfortable, plus it's adorable. They are on sale at Nordstrom right now (plus free shipping here). Thanks to my friend Megan for putting this cardigan on my radar!

I would pair my cardigan with a nice pair of fleece leggings and comfy tee like this one from Broke Rich Girls (here):

Obviously my cozy outfit wouldn't be complete without a good pair of socks or slippers. I'm praying that J.Crew will bring back this sparkly pair (similar here).

And I would throw on my beloved pair of Joan of Arctic boots by Sorel (here, similar here and here) when I need to let the dog out. So warm and so stylish!


A roaring fire would be ideal for a cozy day in, but until I have a fireplace, my candles will have to do. Give me a sparkly, mercury candle and a warm scent any day! A little sparkle in January also helps me to transition out of the holiday glow. Is it hard for anyone else to take down the Christmas lights?

Here is a picture of our winter tablescape in the day and at night. 


Good candles and good blankets are necessities for a cozy day in. I love a quality blanket or comforter. A couple of blankets have caught my eye from Parachute Home and the fact that their bedding is supposed to "soften over time" really intrigues me. 

Of course the Down Duvet looks super inviting and I would pair it with the Duvet Cover in Powder.

If I needed something lighter, I would switch to the Striped Cashmere Throw in Denim and Pebble Grey. Because who wouldn't want to snuggle up in cashmere?

Another necessity is a warm drink, whether it's hot cocoa, a chai latte or a hot toddy - a warm drink is a must when it's freezing!

Image via Pinterest
I'm pretty sure I'd like to try all 25 of these Hot Drink Recipes posted by The Cottage Market (here).

www.thecottagemarket.com


Finally, here are a couple of my my favorite activities when I need to stay all cozied-up indoors.

Saturdays can be great for catching up on missed tv. Treat yo Self to some binge watching (including Parks and Rec of course)!
Some of my current favorite shows are Parks and Recreation (NBC), The Chew (ABC), Fixer Upper (HGTV) and Project Runway: All Stars (Lifetime). All entertaining and inspiring in their own right. 

Books! Winter is a great time to read - especially if you can curl up by a fireplace...someday... 
1. For a book that will make you laugh out loud, I can't recommend Hyperbole and a Half by Allie Brosh enough (here). It's a quick read complete with hilarious illustrations. 

2. For a creepy, page-turning mystery, I would recommend The Winter People by Jennifer McMahon. I picked this book up in the airport for a flight home and ended up reading half of it in three hours!

If I'm not watching television, reading a good book, or following up with my favorite blogs, I may attempt a more "physical activity" like painting my nails or crafting. But that's an ambitious cozy day in. 

All in all, the winter can really blow (pun intended), but having a day to snuggle up on the couch and unwind is a welcome mental and physical break every once in a while. So cheers to one or two (or 40) frigid days!

No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird