Saturday, January 31, 2015

Rustic & Lush Styleboard for Chairish

I love bringing a room together. At first, the task can be a tad overwhelming. An empty room can feel a bit like the start of an essay. Where do I start? But much like writing a paper, once you have inspiration, the words all come together.

I recently discovered Chairish, an online marketplace for vintage furniture (here), and decided to build a room (via a styleboard) around one of their beautiful accent chairs. The chair would serve as inspiration to step away from basic neutrals and to infuse color -  to take a room from white to bright!

I found that the toughest part of this challenge was choosing just one of these awesome chairs:



So much inspiration! It was hard to narrow it down...until I found this gorgeous photo on Primitive & Proper for Sweet Clover Barn:


Ohhh the velvet! The mix of the plush fabric and vintage furniture is delightful. The gray velvet chairs pictured helped sway my decision to choose the 19th Century French Reupholstered Armchair for my styleboard:



I loved the pops of rich color from the Sweet Clover Barn and the glamour of the 19th Century Armchair. I used both as inspiration for my Rustic & Lush Styleboard:


It's a mix of metals and wood for the "rustic" aspect with velvety wine and emerald tones for the "lush." I want this room! 

Here are the items I used to create this styleboard:
  1. Dark Brown 4-light Crystal Pendant, Overstock
  2. Home Sweet Home, WhimseyandWanderlust, Etsy and "Main Woods" art print, pinetreeart, Etsy
  3. 19th Century French Reupholstered Armchair, Chairish
  4. Agate Bookends, West Elm
  5. Raspberry cupcakes from The Perfect Palette
  6. Rustic Cast Aluminum Tapers, West Elm
  7. Threshold Faux Silk Curtain Panel in Red, Target
  8. Ranunculus and Rose floral arrangement, Pinterest
  9. Sora Dining Table, Pier 1

No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird