Friday, March 7, 2014

Before & After: End Table Makeover

I found my end table in my neighbor’s garage sale for $5.00!  It wasn’t really our style and it was pretty beat up, but I couldn’t pass up the deal.  


After priming the table, I wanted to paint it a deep teal color:  Lagoon (520D-6) by Behr.  I chose a satin finish for a muted look.  I didn’t think a glossy finish would match the current style of our living room.  I also wanted the color to match my plans for the hardware…

I had fallen in love with rope handles from Anthropologie, but did not feel like paying $12.00 a piece for them.  


Instead I created my own using Manila Rope that my husband had on hand, my glue gun and some inexpensive hardware from The Home Depot.  My total hardware cost: less than $5.00!


To begin, hold the hardware in one hand and glue a strip of the rope.  Start to wrap the rope around the end of the handle. 


Continue this pattern until you reach the other end of the handle.  


Cut the rope and glue down any excess to the handle.  Voila – you have made a rope handle!



The table makeover was like a good date night: fun and cheap and I’m pretty happy with the outcome!



No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird